After months of prodding, I finally gave in and decided to contribute to the little monster called Ohiohammer. With real life commitments mounting, game time in general has been in extremely short supply. That being said, I played game after game, whenever I had time. Losing and losing, my frustration mounted. Having started High Elves in 6th ed I couldn’t imagine switching armies, mostly because I hadn’t even painted more than 10 models of the elves (yes I know that is sad, I have never had any interest or need for that matter).
Andrew and I decided to take Daemons and Orcs to the team tourney, he would play the Orcs of course, I’m not to savvy with Orcs. After a few practice games, I quickly discovered that the Daemons definitely fit my play style better than the Elves. So the internal debate began, and the decision was made to switch to Daemons exclusively, and hopefully be able to get them table ready for Blood in the Sun.
Being a new painter, (bad at it I might add) I thought bringing all the most expensive models to lower the count that I had to actually paint. In reading the book, I don’t really think that will work, so that will be the purpose of my blog, the start to finish, of a new army for a new painter.