This is a 2 day, 5 Game, 2400 Point Tournament. Army lists will follow all normal 8th edition restrictions (Min 25% core, max 50% special, max 25% Rare, Max 25% Lords, Max 25% Heros).
Saturday Schedule 18 Apr 2015:
9:00am-9:45am – Checkin
9:45am-10:00am Opening ceremonies
10:00am-12:30pm – Round 1
1:30pm – 4:00pm Round 2
4:00pm – 4:30pm Break
4:30pm – 7pm Round 3
7:00pm – Close of Hall – Other events and Open Gaming
Sunday Schedule 19 Apr 2015:
9:00am – 10:00am Checkin Day 2
10:00am – 12:30pm Round 4
12:30pm – 1:30pm Lunch
1:30pm – 4:00pm Round 5
4:00pm – 4:30pm Cleanup/Score Tallies
4:30pm – 5:00pm Awards
List Submission Deadline: Mar 18th for the bonus tournament points.
Download OH Con Scenario Pack 2014 Version 1.1
Download OH Con Painting Score Sheet – OH Con 2014 Final
Armies will be composed of a Static/Prime 1400 point list (Which are open and cannot be changed from game to game) and 2 – 1000 point side bars ( which are closed, Listed as “A” or “B,” and chosen before deployment in each game). After Opponents are determined, but before deployment – each player will determine which of their 2 side bars that they will play. Players will use the following sequence to determine choices before deployment.
1. Players are assigned match ups.
2. Players exchange Static/Prime lists
3. Players have 5 minutes to decide whether they will use sidebars “A” or “B”.
4. Players simultaneously let their opponents know which side bar “A” or “B” they have chosen.
5. Players do not exchange side bar lists. This means that the tournament is both Open (1400 point Static) and Closed (1000 point sidebar)
Restrictions for Static lists and Side bar’s are as follows.
- Static lists and Side bars will be built with 2400 point composition in mind. This means that if you only take 100 points of core in your Static list, than 500 points of each of your side bars have to be Core to make the full 2400 point list legal.
- Your Static List need not contain your General.
- Side Bars must be built from the same Army book as the Static List.
- Side Bar’s cannot modify the Static List in any way. This means that you cannot add models to a unit in your public list, add magic banners, add magic items to characters, ect….
Major Prizes: (Players cannot win 2 major prizes, but may win a major and a minor)
Best Painted (Voted by Judges)
Best Appearance (Voted by Players)
Close but not quite (Highest overall that did not qualify for any other major prize)
Rubber Mallet (Consolation Prize)
Best Order army
Best Destruction army
Best of the Rest (Only Ogre Kingdoms and Tomb Kings apply)
Best Team – (Min 3 person team to qualify. This award is given to the team with the highest average toward overall).
Materials Needed to participate
Each player is required to bring 7 Printed (Not handwritten) copies of their army list (One for the judges at Saturday’s Registration and one for each opponent after your games)
You are required to bring your own materials needed to play – Dice, Markers, Spell cards, Rule Books, ect….
We just wanted to take a moment to stress that each player should bring everything they need to play. This means if you need war machine templates or templates for misfires – you should bring them. Tournament Organizers will not be providing any.
Army Restrictions and Requirements
- The Static list may not change between games.
- No army fielded during deployment may be more than 2400 points
- Armies will not be required to a minimum of 3 colors but as paint will be judged if the entire army is not painted it will suffer towards the overall score. (Black on your bases doesn’t count as a color)
- WYSIWYG – GW models are not required and conversions/other product lines are very encouraged. That being said – All other non standard GW Models must make sense. (Your buddies Steam Tank cannot be used as your Frost Heart).
- You Must indicate which lore each wizard will be using for the entire tournament in your list ((Whether it be your Static, Sidebar #1, or Sidebar #2). Skaven Grey Seers must choose how many of each lore (Plague/Ruin) they are taking prior to the event).
- Wizards allowed to “Choose” spells in any way (examples being by an ability listed in their entry or by a magic item) – Must list what spells are chosen in the army list.
- There will be no “Comp” score for this event.
- While there is no “Comp” score and there is no “Official Comp” for this event, keep in mind that lists blatantly abusive could be rejected by Tournament organizers upon submission. (8th edition has fixed “Almost” all abusive issues, but there are still a few out there). This is for the sake of trying to provide all a fun and challenging event. If you have questions, please submit your to firstname.lastname@example.org early for review.
- We will be using 8th Edition rules and all current army books released prior to Feb 1st. Chaos Dwarfs will be allowed using the Legion of Azgorh list in the Tamurkhan book. Undying Legion from Nagash End Times will not be allowed. Nor will any Character/Spell lore from that book. DOW INDY GT list and Regiments of the Renown will not be allowed. No optional rules or experimental rules will be allowed.
TOTAL BATTLE WILL BE 65% OF YOUR OVERALL SCORE – (Battle will consist of VP difference, Primary (5 per battle) and Secondary objectives (5 per battle))
TOTAL SPORTS SCORE WILL BE 16% OF YOUR OVERALL SCORE -
TOTAL PAINT SCORE WILL BE 18% OF YOUR OVERALL SCORE -
THE FINAL 1% WILL BE BONUS POINTS LISTED BELOW -
-1 point for Subitting your list by end of day March 18th.
- 1 point for TAKING AND TURNING IN the 12 question multiple choice quiz during Day one of OH-Con’s GT. (no additional points for overall will be given other than the participation point, but the best score will win an award at the end of the GT)
Battle Points Scoring Chart
Is a cannon located on a chariot allowed to turn during the shooting phase? No
Can a cannon located on a chariot shoot anywhere in its front arc or must it shoot in a direct line down the length of the barrel? Cannons located on chariots must shoot in a direct line down the length of the barrel.
Is Virtual pivoting allowed? Yes – Keep in mind that a Models center point after the pivot “CANNOT” change or be different than it was before the pivot.
Do Frostheat Phoenix -1 S de-buff “Stack” if multiple Phoenixes are in combat with one unit? No
Everyone (including GW) had a different opinion of how the GW “Unmodified LD” rules work. How will OH-Con handle Unmodified LD?
In this event to remove confusion, Unmodified LD will mean literally – NO MODIFIERS OF ANY KIND. This means that we will not be ruling with the FAQ for this. In the case of multiple LD for one model – use the highest. In the case of Monsters and handlers – use the highest.
Do you have to pay to register? Only yes for the GT’s, All other events can be paid at the door (but for $5 more than the Online ticket Price). No one will be considered Registered unless they are payed.
Are Special Characters allowed at OH-Con? Yes
Do I have to bring two side bars? Technically no. What you must do however is separate your army into 2 groups. 1. A Static/Prime list and 2. A side bar marked “A” on the top. This means when you follow the steps described above, you by default will have to choose “A” in each game.
I came to this event with two side bars, are you going to make me use both over the course of the tournament? If so how will this be tracked? We will not be tracking the choices of sidebars from round to round. The idea behind Oh-Con is that the sidebar allows you the ability to not only trial new ideas, but allow players to attempt to limit bad matchups. Often when trying new ideas, there is one to two units, equipment options, or magic lores that players are testing. This event attempts to allow for those tests from game to game while providing a competitive and friendly gaming environment.
Will you be paint judging my Static/Prime Army and both side bars at OH-Con or the Static/Prime Army and 1 side bar? I ask this for display board design. During Paint Judging, players have the choice to set up their Static/Prime Armies along with one or both Side bars. This is because we at OH-Con do not want to paint judge during games. Players build display boards to showcase their army and we are attempting to allow each player the maximum freedom for display board creation as we understand side bars have the potential to be vastly different. Because we will be paint judging late in the evening and will not have time to check lists, if you leave the model set up – it will be judged.
Does my Static/Prime List have to follow normal restrictions of army builds and be a valid army on it’s own? No The Static/Prime army does not and for example could have “0″ Core. The only caveat is that when a Side bar is combined with a Static/Prime list - IT HAS TO BE A LEGAL A 2400 PT ARMY.
If a Daemon rolls for gifts and generates 2 Magic Weapons, can it benefit from both in the same round of combat? (Example: Sword of Swift Slaying giving ASF while a Sword of might also give +1 STR). No before any attacks are made the wielder chooses which weapon he will use and only benefits from it and it alone. (ie the only way you can be considered the Wielder is if you are using the weapon, other wise you are the carrier)
Do Attacks from the 2nd and 3rd ranks benefit from the Predatory Fighter rule in a Lizardmen Army? Yes
Does the Cauldron allow Rerolls for ranged attacks? Yes